Sunday, March 2, 2014

Grace.

So, I caved. 
And, oh did I cave in a grand way.  
I purchased the One Direction: Midnight Memories (deluxe) album. And alllllllll 18 tracks are just THE BEST. 
{I just need to preface this blog with that revelation.}
I'm pretty much not caring about the judgment I just ensued on myself. 
Not. Caring. 

Life for me has been absolutely crazy busy. 
Work has taken over 98% of my life and the other 2% I spend practicing for my upcoming return to the stage. Less than 2 weeks until show-time... {hurry up!} 

{Back in December, I auditioned for Arsenic and Old Lace and was casted as Aunt Abby. This is a role I played my sophomore year at ICC. Fun stuff.}

So, Grace. 

Grace
grās/
noun
  1. 1.
    simple elegance or refinement of movement.
    "she moved through the water with effortless grace"
  2. 2.
    (in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.


I am thankful for grace in ways that I cannot begin to describe. 

God's Grace
A mother's grace
Graceful words
State of grace 
Good Grace's (being in someone's) 
Falling from grace
Saving grace
Goodness gracious. 

Story.

Have you ever wanted something so terribly bad that everything you did revolved around making sure it happened? 
Like, you ache because you desire something so, so badly? 
Recently, this overwhelming feeling of 
          I'VE GOTTA HAVE IT 
came over me and when I say it was all I could think about, it was ALL I could think about. My days and nights consisted of studying and soaking up every single bit of knowledge I could get. 
It was literally all I could talk about for that week. 
And then, the time came for me to prove my love and passion and knowledge....
And do you know what happened? 
Rejected. 

I tried to be gracious. And I tried to tell myself other things will come along. 
But y'all, this opportunity was the only thing I wanted. The absolutely only thing. 

After I settled down, I started thinking about how I got here. What in my life lead me to be this person? 
Goal oriented, work oriented, 
attention-to-detail driven person who constantly is thinking about "what's next".

Not too long ago, I was just a college student who wasn't sure of her next step in life and if banking was the right choice.

So, what can I accredit in my life for these revelations? 
Or, more so, who? 

I 100% believe that each person whom I've had a connection with has made a positive impact on my life. I could name so many people who helped shape my opinions and views and my everything! Whether negative or positive, your presence in my life has benefited me. These people make me who I am today. 

But, I started realizing, I have not been that person to others. I am not a bright, shining star in certain peoples lives. 
I wish that I could be more than a cringe or a "thank goodness it's over" but, you know, your choice. 

But, those people taught me the most. You know who you are. 

We are called to be Christ-like and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not always a mirror image of Christ. Giving GRACE and showing GRACE... Working on it. 

But, goodness. 
I am so thankful for Grace. 

Caitlyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS