Sunday, May 4, 2014

#PrayForTupelo

Dearest blogosphere...

Let me just say, my absence was not by choice. 
Work has LITERALLY taken over my life. 
It's LITERALLY all that I do. 
Ask my family and friends, who I never see. 
digress. 

Tonight, as I was having a deep text convo with my Best, I was just overwhelmed by God's grace. Just completely and utterly in awe of the crazy, insane blessings in my life. 

This past week has been one for the books, let me tell you. 
If you haven't heard by now, Tupelo, which is where I travel to for work, was hit by an EF3 tornado on Monday, April 28.
Almost one week ago. 
God was really watching over me and my coworkers. The devastation starts less than a half mile from my work, on either sides of me. 
Monday was insane. That's the only word that I can think of to describe that day. 
Y'all, Tupelo is as much of my home as Pontotoc is. I mean, the majority of my time is spent in Tupelo. And, seeing it just become transformed into this brutally unrecognizable war zone and seeing people just jumping up to help is incredible.  INCREDIBLE. I serve an awesome God, who is greater than anything I could every imagine. I just can't even wrap my mind around Him. 
I am beyond blessed. 
By my community. 
By my awesome, awesome friends who called and texted me to see if I needed anything. 
By my family who prayed relentlessly for my safety.
By calming coworkers. 
By still having a place to come home to.
Y'all. Just so blessed. 

So, that was MONDAY. 

Later in the week, I was gifted with a rather joyous and unexpected phone call. 
I can't divulge details at this moment but this girl=sooooo happy. I wish that I could spill more but, I haven't gotten the O.K. from the source yet. :) Soon, I hope! 
If you know me, you know what I hold near and dear to my heart. And this news is definitely what I needed to hear after a whirlwind of a week. 
I am so blessed. 
And overwhelmed. 
And feeling very much like I have the weight of 7 tons on my shoulders.   
But, blessed. 


#PrayForTupelo and the other communities that were affected. 
Pictures do not do it justice.  
 
                               Caitlyn

1 comment:

  1. Best: God has a beautiful plan and while he watched over you, he will carry you through!

    That news sounds rather exciting.. can't wait to hear what it is! :)

    So thankful for a friend like you, in times like these!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS