Sunday, March 23, 2014

{The Man of My Dreams}

Hey, Blogville! 

I cannot wait to get this post up. 
FYI, it's a revelation for me. 

Let me preface this with, as a young adult, I'm soul searching. I'm trying to find my place and who I am as a person. I've had countless convos with my Best about being the minority in our group of friends. 
{single. educated. driven. childless.} 
We basically concluded that it's not in the books for us to be married right now so we are making the most of our time as single adults. 
{Focusing on our careers, 
Focusing on our families, 
Focusing on our place in society...}

When I am exhausted, I have strange, strange dreams. And this past week was a beating. Whew. {glad it's over} 

So, factor in: 
exhaustion+1868 friends getting married/announcing that they are preggo=crazy vivid dreams. 
The hilarity. 

"The Man of My Dreams". 
We've all heard it before. But, who really has dreamt about the man they want to marry? 
I never have. And I'm a hopeless romantic who loves a good romcom. 
{Pretty in Pink, anyone?!}

Until last night. 

Y'all. I literally woke up so sick and so sad that this wasn't real. Never in my life have I had such emotions about a DREAM. It was perfection. I told Lauren, I wish I could send you my brain so that you could swoon about my dream too! 

It was my wedding day. And I'm assuming that I've never met this man because I don't recognize him. I do know his name, though. And he was gorgeous. 
Cole. {it was so vivid, y'all!}
And for whatever reason, I didn't have any bridesmaids. I was alone, in a back room, in my white dress. My makeup was flawless. My curls were perfect. I loved my dress. I felt so pretty. I was waiting until it was time to walk out. My soon-to-be husband formed a choir to sing for me that was made up of our friends. I remember hearing them sing a Jon McLaughlin song before I came out. Right before it was time for me to walk out, my Best appears behind me. She takes me behind the choir and we sit and talk about how this is really happening and how crazy life is. I felt so happy and content in this moment. It was then time for me to walk to my groom. I walk out of the side and everyone is looking in my direction. I am walking alone, feeling so much love as I walk through the choir of friends. My soon-to-be husband meets me halfway down the aisle and we walk to the alter together from there. 
I felt precious, loved, content, happy....

Nothing I have experienced comes close to how I woke up feeling. I have to hope and pray that this is what it's going to feel like when I am blessed with a man. 
It was beautiful. I cannot put into words how I felt. Just, so beautiful. 

I sure do hope dreams are somehow correlated into reality. Because, I want that dream to be my reality. 
Swoon. 

Off to dream again...
Caitlyn 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. Okay, I'm going to be cheesy. I was single for a long time. Well, either single or dating guys that weren't worth my time. I wasn't happy with myself or where I was in life...take the time to figure yourself out. Figure out who YOU are and what you really want (out of life, in a man, with your job, etc.) And then the rest of it will fall into place, I promise. I married my best friend, and if someone had told me we'd end up together and be ridiculously happy, I would've laughed until I cried haha. And when it's right and when God decides the time is perfect, it'll happen just like in your dream and you'll feel that exact way. I promise :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS