Thursday, July 30, 2015

Life Lately with Caitlyn.

I'm pretty much the worst blogger ever. Sorry 'bout it. 

So, life. It's a funny, fickle, crazy thing.
The past 365+ days have been nothing short of wild, and looking back, I'm truly amazed I'm still here. 

I've lost a lot, but the gain is immeasurable

You see, the past 365+ days have not been the easiest. I would argue that the past 8 months have been the worst of my life. I've experienced physical death of a friend, emotional death of a friend, career change, job loss and just total disregard for another human being.
FYI: you really find out who your real friends are in the midst of a storm. 

As a mid 20-something, I am feel like I'm grasping for straws for most of everything; trying to figure it out; trying to MAKE it out alive, haha. {Side note: who knows the difference in a PPO and an HMO? I'll let you know when I do} 

We talk about 'seasons of life' a lot, especially in my friend group, so I'm forced to evaluate where I am in terms of seasons. And once I do that, I try to determine, is this season almost over? Do I need to start shopping for next season? Or do I new to focus on this season? Probably need to focus on this season. {mostly because the clothes are now 60% off} But, you get my point. 
Be present. Engage in life. This is my mantra. 

There is so much I could word vomit onto here but I know I shouldn't. {because I hate confrontation} But, I will say, the beauty after the storm is far worth going through the storm for. 

So, yeah. 
New job. 
THE BEST family. 
Sweet friends. 
And so many prayers later....
I'm here and I'm happy. And so, so blessed. God knows what's best for us, even when we don't see it or want to hear it. So thankful for this truth. ❤️ 

Caitlyn

P.S.-my hair is still out of control and currently says the humidity is 1000%. So, there's that, and you're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS